The present building reflects the architecture of many rural Danish churches, incorporating touches of both the modern and the traditional. The congregation has attempted to make use of the beautiful setting of woods and lake, both in the way the church is situated above the lake and through the use of windows that give a feeling of being in harmony with nature.
The remodeled Dane School features cozy sleeping quarters, a charming gathering room, and a fully-equipped kitchen. Wander trails in the woods, enjoy the view from the dock, or escape on a canoe ride alone, with friends, or family. You don’t have to come to a program or with a group to enjoy the West Denmark state of mind. Visiting friends and family in the area? Looking for a quiet place to get away? A private retreat on our beautiful grounds will replenish the spirit and clear the mind. Rental information is available by contacting the church.
The West Denmark Parish Hall was built in 1914 by the Young People’s Society. Its purpose was to serve as a meeting place for social gatherings, as a lecture hall for speakers, as a theater, as a gymnasium, and as a place for enjoying folk games and dances. Currently, the Parish Hall hosts many wonderful programs including our annual Family Camp each summer and the West Denmark Music and Speaker Series. For more information on programs and events at West Denmark, please call (715) 472-2383.
West Denmark Parish Hall is the ideal setting for your group retreat or family gathering. Costs are modest. We welcome you to enjoy the lakeshore and tranquil forest acreage. Enjoy a fully equipped kitchen with dinner seating for 100 in the basement and room for 75 more seats upstairs. Consider lodging a few guests at the beautiful and historic Dane School. Wedding receptions and family reunions are graciously accommodated. Call us! Rental information is available by contacting the church.
The stone planter and historical plaque located by the Parish Hall commemorate the Danish Seminary. The bell is the same bell that called the congregation to worship for the first twenty-five years from it place at the public country school that was located at the corner of the crossroads just north of the Parish Hall.
The present parsonage was built in 1943. The first parsonage at West Denmark still exists; it was moved to Park Avenue in Luck in 1907. The original seminary building, converted to serve as parsonage in 1907, was destroyed by fire in 1943.
- Natural flowers / wreaths are preferred in urn, planter, or near headstone.
- Artificial memorials are allowed.
- Summer memorials: to be removed by August 1.
- Winter memorials: to be removed by March 1.
- Placement of trees or shrubs must be approved by West Denmark Cemetery. Association prior to planting.
- Plants damaged or destroyed by mowing operations are not the financial responsibility of the Cemetery board or workers.
Any planting or memorial that becomes diseased or unsightly will be removed by the West Denmark Cemetery Association.
Board Members: Greg Marsten, Chris Petersen, Paul Petersen – sexton, Robert Peterson.